Thread: Novice Advice
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Tzuriel

vCash: 500
Default Novice Advice

Hello, I'm new to boxing and need advice on proper bag selection. Sadly only one place near me actually sells bags for me to "test" a bit which I will see Saturday. I'm 6'3 220 large build, my goals at the moment are to 1) shed 30 pounds and get my body into proper physical shape and condition my body to the bag. Part 2 of my goal is to then start seriously training for boxing matches in my area to see where it goes from there. I plan to get my uncle to teach me who was once a great boxer that was bound for the Olympics till he broke his leg. I don't want to waste his time until I can hold my own and be able to do everything he asks of me.

I have a few novice questions however
1) What should I look for weight wise for my bag or even what should I look for in general on this?
2) Since my body wont be use to this type of training should I look for the best gloves/wraps for padding? They have some extra thick gloves and 180 inch wraps and not 100% sure on this one.

Any basic tips or advice that could help me to achieve a long-term healthy body? I have weakish wrists from YEARS working IT so I will need to use extra wrap I think on my wrists. Appreciate any help thank you.
Tzuriel is offline  Top