View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #107
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Best cherry pickers of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Good points mate, and I agree with nearly all of that.

I was very frustrated when Roy was fighting his mando's, but it's not as straight forward as saying, bigger fights could have been made.

Bigger fights around that time were trying to be made. The DM fight was trying to get made, and the Hopkins rematch until Hop priced himself out. When those fights couldn't get made, that's when he made the decision to go up to heavy.

I just wondered if there was a particular fighter that you think Roy cherry picked?

Nice debating with you mate.

Regards, Loudon.
I must admit I'm not too versed on the whole Roy-DM situation but I've been reading about it. However, I don't really have a definitive opinion on that rate now, maybe sometime in the future. As for the Hopkins rematch, Bhop didn't want to risk his MW reign even for big $$$ as Joe and Roy both found out . As for Roy going up to heavy I can do nothing but applaud him for that considering he won the belt, even if Ruiz wasn't the most spectacular HW champ ever.

As to a particular fight he cherry picked people like Dave Telesco, Clinton woods, Richard Frazier and Grant. The sort of fighters that were never on Roy's level. Maybe cherrypicked is a bit harsh but he didn't need to fight every mandatory. However, as you said once the LHW dried up and after he was caught on steroids he went up to HW which was great
moneypaysbills is offline  Top