JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Ricky Burns vs 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
he'd have more chance against Rios than Khan you nincompoops

Did you see Rios get utterly outboxed by a basic pro two fights ago?

That's something Burns could do in theory

When have you EVER seen Khan struggle against a fighter like Burns?

Never

I know Khan just lost, and Burns is on a winning streak, but come on, think about the styles here

Someone explain to me how Burns deals with Khans speed please, because his basic tecnical work is not enoughto trouble khan, if it was, Khan would have lost to Kotelnik
Ok let's think about the styles. Burns has an infinitely better punch selection than Khan does for starters. I'd argue that his jab is the better of the two as Khan often falls in behind his own and as Burns prefers to keep a fight at range that would be key. He puts punches in combination better too with that wicked left hook to the body and a very technically correct right uppercut. If he's controlling behind the jab, Khan's going to find it very hard to get his punches away without getting consistently caught by punches coming behind it.

As Beeston has said, Burns' footwork is infinitely better than Khan's & as he'd be able to dictate range so well, it'd be pretty inevitable that Khan would have to rush in and flurry to try and make an impact. And as Beeston said too, that opens him up to Burns' sharp, accurate counters.

There is definitely a blueprint to beat Khan if your Burns and you're foolish to dismiss it. The jab is key for me but I'd be pretty confident Burns would take that battle. Although both are good technicians, it's a lazy comparison between Burns and Kotelnik as they are both completely different fighters. Likewise, with Abril as you said before.

So come on then, apart from the fact 'Khan's quick', why are you so confident to give Burns no chance?
JFT96 is offline  Top