View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Arrow Department Of Consumer Affairs investigates Cotto's Showtime PPV in PR

Long story short, they received complaints from Puerto Ricans about why they had to pay for the fight while the rest of the world didn't. The Department Of Consumer Affairs filed a petition to Showtime to provide a reason as to why they were discriminating against Puerto Rico. Showtime replied today by telling them that it was Cotto's decision to charge for the fight in PR. He says that Puerto Rico will get a special extended broadcast of the event that will showcase other Miguel Cotto Promotions fighters. Showtime mentioned that in Miguel's own words, he said that the income will be used to keep bringing boxing events to PR (whatever that means).

I just translated the whole fiasco for your reading enjoyment. It has been hot news locally for the past 2 days.

My opinion as a Puerto Rican customer:

I paid for the fight as soon as it became available. It does bother me a bit that Cotto was the one responsible for this. Also, I don't mind it being a PPV but the fact that nobody else has to pay for it but us, his biggest supporters, bothers me a bit as well. Still excited though and getting an extended experience is good news for me, I love that Saturday night PPV big event format. Hypes me up even more.

SOURCE: http://www.elnuevodia.com/decisionde...o-1397463.html
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Sponsored Links