View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #133
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Best cherry pickers of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Probably never.You could start a thread saying "Where should SRL be on the all time P4P list?" and you're guaranteed you'll get some idiot within a page or two saying "He ducked Pryor"
Pryor had great wins at 140 but let's not forget his most famous win was over a great SFW and he got there with some dubious help.
And spare me the rematch shit.Arguello was done at the first bell of the first fight.

You've excelled as usual in this thread mate.I think some people tend to forget that Tommy and Cholo were the ones who really wanted these fights.
I suspect Ray was well aware that from 160 upwards,any young and hungry lion with real quality would have too much for him by 1988.Is it really that much of a bad thing that he took big fights against old foes that the public wanted? Ray was far better off than Hearns and particularly Duran financially,so it became like a seniors tour,until hubris(not for the first time) had Ray by the balls and he went in against Norris,and we know how that went.
People who want to knock him for anything post-Hagler probably judge Barrera on the Khan fight,and Ali on the Berbick fight.
Chalk up another 'W' and put it in the bank. This shit is Over, and it wasn't even close. It's like the Plague Burial when we step up in here.

I told you some time ago that Ray was the next "target" on here. God damn kids.

Regards,

Loudo... Hands of Iron.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top