View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #84
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Re: Pacquiao vs. Marquez 1,2,3 all on youtube by HBO sports (re-watch and state who w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
I agree that it can't be called a robbery because it was insanely close but I think that for Marquez to have lost two and drawn one in the trilogy is extremely unfortunate when he has looked the better boxer in all three fights except for knockdowns.
In the first fight he looked the better boxer during most rounds but it's a 12 round fight and every minute counts from the opening bell to the final bell. JMM has never dominated PAC like PAC dominated JMM at the start of that fight.

Second fight they both looked like equal boxers IMO the kd was the 1 pt difference and even in that round JMM looked good up to that point. But like I said every minute counts and Marquez was getting knocked around in the 3rd rd after he went down

On my cards after 36 rounds it's 19-17 for Marquez but unfortunately for him knockdowns matter and to pac's credit he's been able to dominate marquez in certain moments more than JMM has been able to dominate PAC.

JMM is a great fighter who really has the style to defeat PAC so IMO the fact that they are so level kind of shows pac's abilities
PH|LLA is offline  Top