View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Your Assessment of Carlos Molina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I was actually waiting for your opinion, Mand. As always, a very good one. (You also, Brenny!)

It's interesting, and like you say, it really is down to Khan. Virgil would be teaching him poise for the most part and staying calm but I think his energy bunny sorta style may just suit him versus Molina if he opts do that instead of a settled one where Molina may just be able to establish some sort of rhythm. I can't quite feel an upset seeing as how Amir has been in with guys his height and who are naturally stronger (Peterson, Garcia, Maidana) than Molina is. Amir has always done better with shorter guys, but they haven't quite been towards the level of which a very motivated Molina may be. Time will tell on that end.

Either way, I don't think this man is a Salita. If his trainer and conditioner are anything to go by, he's a very good fighter and it could be a tough-ish 12 rounds for Amir.

do you think he can keep it competative for 12 rounds though? I wonder ,its no a bad opponent for a Rebuilding fight but dont see him bothering khan too much
alba is offline  Top