View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #44
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Not sure how anyone could dislike Cotto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Of course he owned up to his deficiencies as a fighter. He usually always followed up comments about the wraps with the fact that he made mistakes in terms of his conditioning and strategy in that first fight. He repeated it it multiple times throughout interviews and the 24/7s.

"Complainer extraordinaire" is simply an exaggeration. One reasonable complaint out of a career of quality fights with no other excuses concerning his losses doesn't make him exceptional in that regard at all.
Its not just one Tazo. He made his comments about Pacquiao and PED's when that fiasco of negotiations were happening.
Cotto being a fighter who got destroyed by Pacquiao should have probably kept his mouth shut and let the fans and media judge that.

Then he storms out of the ring in defiance that he had lost vs Mayweather.
I know you think that fight was close Tazo, but most viewed it one sided in favor of Mayweather, and yet Cotto I believe to this day is defiant that he won that fight.

We're not talking just one even here.

Let me make one thing clear though. I respect Cotto as a fighter and I even enjoy watching his fights. I'll enjoy his fight with Trout for sure, I'm just pointing out that some of his takes and mannerismsm rub me the wrong way.
divac is offline  Top