View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: Which fighter would have the best chance of beating Floyd right now?

Maravilla-Mayweather is 50/50 for me, but from the list:

1. Bradley because he has not only a style or "styles" to give anyone fits, but the guy when he has a gameplan he follows it to the t. He adapts to your style and brawls, pressures, and boxes equally well which tho not as slick or refined as Floyd and with even less ko power he has in common with Floyd. Any other era he'd be much, much more appreciated, but everybody wants ko's. Very underrated.

2. Canelo physically is ready, but I don't think he might be ready mentally tho for the most part fights like a seasoned vet. He can overpower Floyd, but not outsmart him. Still, Canelo has the youth, speed, power, and combination boxing to keep Floyd wary. A powerful body attack would be Canelo's best strategy.

3. Guerrero potentially COULD be Floyd's worst nightmare. No need to match Floyd with defense and speed when you have an iron chin and non-stop pressure attack at short, mid, and long range like Ghost. Now that Guerrero has gotten himself comfortable and filled in at 147 he made himself at home and really does want Floyd it seems more than anybody. Before the joke most laughed at, no one is laughing now. He could be a southpaw version of Castillo waiting for Floyd, a talented, rugged fighter in his prime not about to have Floyd have his way. Now that we know Guerrero is for real and knowing his performance vs Berto would be nothing once he gets Floyd, you know it might have the makings of a special fight night. Ghost seems to only be getting better and more motivated each time past fights win or lose dont really matter only that they made him into the fighter today. I have a feeling Floyd wins the fight, but Guerrero might win the event.
elchivito is offline  Top