View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: who wins cotto or trout and why????

Cotto.

Experience in big fights against top fighters, better timing, a proven wherewithal to deal with speedy-handed fighters, body attack, compact single punches and combinations upstairs and downstairs, and the ability to mix things up - be a bully when he needs to and make things rough (Quintana, Judah, select Mayweather rounds), box and control the angle and the action with his jab and footwork (Foreman, Margarito II, etc), and retreat when necessary (Margarito II, N'Dou, Clottey, etc). Better power and an ability to soften guys up for the kill, too.

I think he'll pull away after some well-fought and highly competitive opening rounds and wear Trout down. A late round stoppage is what I'm going with because of my Cotto-fanboyism, but if I'm putting money on it, I'd go with Cotto clearly on points. He made things rough for Mayweather, who is much better than Trout. And even though he lost, the fact that he was still able to bother Mayweather and compete technically even in rounds he was losing tells me he should be able to deal with Trout, who I don't really rate all that highly. I don't consider Trout to be a P4P-level talent and most definitely not a special fighter.
JMP is offline  Top