View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #151
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Best cherry pickers of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
Hiya mate, Joe was also old when he fought Roy and I don't see the fight as the stuff of legends. Joe just wanted one big payday to retire on and Roy is broke or still thinks he's the greatest or can't stop boxing whatever reasons he's still fighting I don't know. I don't really count that fight for much other than a money making exercise for which it was very good and they were both handsomely paid.

As for Roy he has few weak names on his resume same as Calzaghe and I'm sure we've debated this before. However, Joe fought in a weaker SMW period to begin with and beat the best available apart from Ottke who refused to fight him and we all know about the strange case of Hopkins refusing a career high payday to fight Joe although as we all know the reasoning isn't clear but showed Joe tried. Also in the end Joe unified and beat the man at the division above abroad. Also keep in the mind that the fighter makes the belt not vice versa, although you're not the average idiot on here so I trust you know that

As for Roy he often fought mandatory fighters when bigger names could have been made. You might say I'm being too harsh on Roy but most fighters have a resume that can be glorified and damned depending on what view you take

nice talking to you
he is an idiot! he thinks the title makes the fighter. i'm being serious.
assasin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links