View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #158
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Again, tit for tat for when Mayweather went behind his back and tried to negotiate with Pac on EXACTLY those terms. Floyd is with GBP. Don't try and make out Floyd is an independent. This would have been a GBP fight because you need a licensed promoter.
See above. Floyd started this one on GBP's behalf. Arum simply turned it around on them and you blame Arum. OK. Sure, why not.
GBP is the one that tied the two fights together knowing that they wouldn't get Rios because he was on hold. This is as plain as day.

Lets put this all together now.
Floyd, on behalf of GBP, makes offer to Pac. One time payment, no Arum, no co-promotion.
Arum turns around and does EXACTLY the same thing to GBP. Same terms.
GBP makes a demand on Rios they know ahead of time won't happen.

If you don't see it now, you never will because you don't want to. Look at the whole picture.
Mayweather doesnt speak on behalf of GBP Hermit

You are being willfully ignorant.

You are literally accepting Arums killing of these fights and it boggles my mind as to why, I dont pay attention enough in the general forum to know if you usually take Top Ranks side or are a GBP hater or whatever stupid shit goes on here, but I can tell you, you are being bias in this case.

First it was '''''you must know all about these negotiations, please fax me the quote sheets''' crap, trying to use that as an angle (that GBP offered bad numbers) as to why it wasnt a go.

Then when pointed out how dumb of a question that is, because it was declined on principle, you make it out to be something else going back to mayweather acting like a retard. As if Mayweather speaks for Golden Boy Promotions

This shit is obvious. Most get it, you dont... for whatever reason. I dont care at this point

Your line of reasoning
----
Mayweather acts like his usually retarded self, tries to get a Pac fight away from Arum

Top Rank and Arum now can kill any awesome fight proposed without wanting to negotiate with GBP by trying to do as a company to GBP what Floyd Mayweather tried to do with Pac

And you want to know the truth? The truth is we could probably go to an issue before that as to where Top Rank tried to screw over GBP, and then to where GBP tried to screw over Top Rank.

You seem to want to continue this trail of 'oh.... oh but its his fault first!' line.

When all we need is right in front of us.

GBP tried to make a good fight, where their fighter would have even been the underdog.

Arum killed it.

Keep talking about this or that, but thats the issue here.

You seem to have a horse in this race for some reason, I dont, and no longer care to discuss it

Last edited by kirk; 11-30-2012 at 11:46 PM.
kirk is offline  Top