View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #166
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Arum turns down Schaefer's Offer for Donaire-Mares and Matthysse-Rios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
OK. Again. Who would have promoted Pac/May under May's proposal. No one wants to answer this one because we know the truth. It would have been a GBP. They have a license and promote his fights. But go ahead. Please answer so we are on the same page.

Floyd flat out denied the negotiations happened for the second round after Arum had been in negotiations. This is why Arum said he didn't know who to negotiate with. Floyd said there were NO negotiations. HBO basically had to step in and back Arum that there were negotiations. So, you lose here. Arum was right to say he didn't know who to negotiate with because of this. Floyd denied the people negotiating for him had the right to do so. Not nearly the same as calling Pac direct and telling him Top Rank could not be involved in the promotion if they fought.
Again you're placing too much significance on Floyd's bullshit offer, but to review from November of 2011, before said dumb offer was made:
Quote:
Arum indicates that one of the investment groups is talking directly with Mayweather, without the involvement of Golden Boy Promotions. Mayweather is a promotional free agent and usually hires Golden Boy to co-promote his events.
“[The group] is also in talks with Mayweather. Mayweather is going solo,” said Arum to the Manila Bulletin.
Arum told the paper that Mayweather reportedly doesn't want Golden Boy to be involved in the ongoing negotiations. Despite reports to the contrary, Arum says he is “seriously exploring a Mayweather fight.”
Given that your position is that Floyd is completely bound to Golden Boy, any effort by Floyd and Golden Boy to cut Top Rank out of the negotiations is itself the taste of one's own medicine for this case, and we're left in a position where again, Top Rank initiated this particular brand of pettiness.

I can't believe I'm being dragged down the Pacweather rabbit hole of stupidity, but I suppose covering one's ears and yelling about Floyd is often the best way to try to justify Arum's statements and actions.
purephase is offline  Top
Sponsored Links