Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 AM   #43
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Canelo Wants Cotto In May

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMuscle View Post
No shit boxing has good ratings in Mexico, but Canelo's ratings are on a different level. I visit Mexico quite often and have family in Mexico, so I know exactly how much attention he garners. He has mexican celebs, soccer players, and singers following his career. You can't get much more popular than that. Like I said Mexico's biggest draw at the moment is Canelo.

You mentioned in another thread that you live in Sinaloa, and you are known to be a huge Chavez Jr. nutrider, so I'm not surprised you don't like Canelo.
actually, i dont really hate canelo but detest the trolls on here that actually taunt and degrade the forums like Doc. i dislike canelo because hes a bully and has arguably held captive the wbc belt when he shouldve fought at least someone the caliber of molina, a solid jmw. ryan rhodes as your best win in the last two years as a wbc champion is a disgrace to the sport. as for canelo being a superstar here thats simply not true as you dont see him on the tele, noticias or novellas.

im not a jcc jr "nutrider" as i actually had an action play on andy lee and had jr. against zbik at -400 and swore that i would never bet on jr. again after that performance. jr. has come a long way in the last year and a half and to be honest, is not really looked up to here even in sinaloa but far moreso than canelo.

mma actually garners more attention than boxing in the three different estados ive lived at here in mexico.

there will be plenty of seats available tommorow for cotto/trout in my favorite sportsbar whereas it was standing room only for gsp/condit.

thanks for the word "pendejadas." had to look that up.

fwiw, im not Mexican.
Quincy K is offline  Top