View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Recommend close fights to watch?

I'm going way beyond the 5-10 year range.

Evander Holyfield-Riddick Bowe 2: excellent, crazy fight.

James Toney-Mike McCallum 1-2: extremely skilled technical fight, the first one was more exciting, the 2nd one closer IMO

Oscar De La Hoya-Ike Quartey: slow for much of the fight, but it had a great finish.

Larry Holmes-Tim Witherspoon: Good fight was a classic 9th round

Muhammad Ali-Earnie Shavers: Ali was old but sure had a great chin

Edwin Rosario-Jose Luis Ramirez 1: the 2nd fight was better, but this fight was decent and had a controversial decision

Sugar Ray Leonard-Marvin Hagler: Still debated to this day. I actually scored it 114-114

Roberto Duran-Iran Barkley: I thought Duran was a close but clear winner, but some others disagree. Great fight.

Sergio Martinez-Paul Williams 1: Very good fight, controversial decision, one judge was drunk apparently and had it 119-110.

Lennox Lewis-Ray Mercer: Another good close fight, Mercer had a great chin, Lewis showed a better chin than he's remembered for having.

Erik Morales-Marco Antonio Barrera 1: a masterpiece of violence

Andrew Golota-John Ruiz- sloppy and ugly, but somewhat entertaining in a train-wreck sort of way and for the hilarious Norman Stone

Evander Holyfield-John Ruiz 1- everyone remembers this trilogy as being horrible, but the first fight was actually halfway decent
Thread Stealer is offline  Top