View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Eubank Jnr vs James Degale who wins end of 2013?

Do you need to knock every opponent out though?

The best boxers realize and recognize when to do it and when not, its not about blowing your opponent out in round 1, its about making sure your safe and changing your game up in the ring when need be.

Those that try and get it over and done with early, are normally fighters afraid for the fight to go on past the middle rounds. So they try to take advantage of the power they have, but I have no problem with a fighter that wants to box. Boxing isnt all about power, its about skill.

And for me personally, I prefer to see a boxer utilize his skill over 12 rounds, and give the opponent a boxing lesson, rather than see someone just go in to finish the fight early if poss.

I think Eubank has got power, he just doesnt use it as much as other fighters, he paces himself and his punches. Mixes it up, if he threw power punches one after the other, he'd get tired and open himself up to his opponent. Why would you allow yourself to get into that situation?

Do what your good at I say, and if the chance arises to finish the fight, be it 1st round, or 12th. Take the chance if you can.
craney91 is offline  Top