Juiceboxbiotch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 372
Default Re: Boxing Scoring FAQ and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Good stuff, Juice!

Just going to throw this out as an example of how one could/should score a round...

In the final round of the Peter Quillen-Hassan N'dam N'jkam tilt, HNN was in clear control throughout the first 2 minutes and thirty seconds of the round, and outlanded Kid Chocolate by a fair margin. But in pressing the issue, he left himself open for a counter that dropped him with less than 30 seconds remaining, and was subsequently dropped against just before the final bell.

How would you score the round?Would you place greater emphasis on the two kd's and call it 10-7, or call it a 10-8 round because Hassan did much better worth throughout ninety percent of the round...?

(I went with the latter option, but I wanted to hear you take and rationale for the score)
Thanks!
Its a good question. Clean punching isn't EVERYTHING. N'Dam had clean punching going for him in that round but Quillin had ring generalship, some clean punching of his own and 2 knockdowns. Quillin might have been outlanded in the round but was he dominated? I'm going 10-7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asero View Post
what if boxer A is landing cleaning but there is no damage done?
what if boxer B is punching like a gassed fighter and throwing inaccurate punches but there is little damage done?

Who wins the round?

I don't think there is enough info here.. who is being more aggressive? Who's style is more effective in the round? Sounds like a round for Fighter A just based on what you said but there are a bunch of other things going on that need to be taken into consideration.
Juiceboxbiotch is offline  Top
Sponsored Links