View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #20
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Why do ppl always say Duran moved up 2 weightclasses to beat Leonard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Hey MAG,

What type of effort do you think Robinson would make to fight Hearns if they shared the same era? Would he have the balls to fight him like Leonard did or would he be too pretty to suffer detached retinas in seizing greatness?

Do you think Hearns should rate above Hagler considering their H2H was at Hearns third best weight class and that he beat top fighters at 147, 154, 160, 168 and 175 alike compared to Marvin building his legacy solely at MW?
Robinson fight Hearns or Duran. I think Tommy is a tough fight for anyone because of his varied styles of fighting. He could be a little standup at times and move straight back, but he came to fight, and his jab was one of he best ever.

I think Hearns is greater than Hagler all together. He fought more great fighters and moved up to different weights and I think the totality of his accomplishments eclipses Hagler. Not much , but a little. Marvin was a great middleweight. I would have liked to have seen him try to move up in weight and fight at light heavyweight. Whether people say he could not beat Spinks or not, it is something all fighters try and do eventually. And Hagler wanted all the lower weight legends to fight him. Naturally he should have been able to move up and fight Spinks.. And about Hearns over Hagler. if look at Hearns title winning fights. He beat Cuevas (10 title defense champion) Benitez (3 time champ) and Virgil Hill (10 title defenses and undefeated), then beat Duran at 154 at a weight Duran won a title at . Tommy moving around in weight and being first man to win titles in 4 and 5 divisions and first man to win the light heavyweight title (2 times) after winning the welterweight title. How many guys have won the light heavyweight title after winning the welt? And from a undefeated titlist who had 10 title defenses.
MAG1965 is offline  Top