View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #29
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Why do ppl always say Duran moved up 2 weightclasses to beat Leonard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
MAG gives Leonard more credit for New Orleans than he does Duran for Montreal.

Yes, it's hilarious.
yes I do. The variable was Ray in all 3 fights. Ray decides to fight Duran's fight he loses. Ray decided to box and fight his fight he wins. It is that simple to me. The ease with which Ray beat Duran in the 2nd and 3rd fights, coupled with Benitez easily being Duran and the Hearns fight showed speed of an elite were trouble for Duran. If you mention weight I will just say Duran fought at 154 as early as 1978, and as far as age. 29-32 years old is not old for a guy who won his last title at 38 and fought until he was 50. yet he did not fight the type of elites he fought in the 1980s.. Had he fought a guy like Roy Jones he would have lost again. Even the 30 year old Duran. Or had he fought Whitaker. I love Duran ,but speed of an elite was trouble for him. A warrior he was and he could be devastating and he fought everyone. But to give him credit in the Leonard fights and discard Benitez and Hearns just because it is favorable to him? That takes away from those greats.
MAG1965 is offline  Top