Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #93
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Classic James Toney stuff from 1993 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I dont see any a win for Lewis againt 85 to 88 Mike in any shape or form mate. There are many reasons why, but the main one for me is Lewis's footspeed against Mikes footspeed. Lewis didn't have the foot work to elude Mike into the late rounds.

Lewis was more top heavy and relied on his brute strenght and size opposed to Mike who was far more sturdy on his feet and generated power from his legs to plants his shots. Trade for trade i think Lewis is more at risk of being dropped.

On top of that, factor in blinding speed, knockout power, Tyson uppercuts, brutal bodywork and impenetrable defence, Lewis would need a miricle to get the win.

I know sCAFF is no Lewis, but how could to last 6 rounds or more of this!
I agree entirely.

The Rooney version of Tyson wanted to fight, and he wanted to train. He was in incredible shape and he was focused. All of that changed when Givens came on the scene, and King got hold of him. At that point he was never going to be the same.

Mike boxing at 100% of his capabilites, definitely beats Lennox in my opinion.

It's unbelievable that Mike was finished at only 23/24 after the Douglas loss. The money, the fame, the women, it was too much for him. How many fights did he really train for, where he gave absolutely everything?

I knew he wasn't going to beat Evander. I could see it coming. He didn't have the focus. He was there physically, but not mentally. A younger version of Mike would never have got frustrated like he did.

King just cashed him out. How many trainers did he end up going through? The 2002 fight with Lennox was a circus. It should never have been signed.

Mike could have been one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Regards, Loudon.
Loudon is offline  Top