Into Darkness
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Classic James Toney stuff from 1993 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
He wouldn't hurt Eubank
Yes, he would.
Eubank obviously knew McCallum's punches would mess him up' which is why he turned that fight down. Toney hit much harder than McCallum.
Quote:
Strawman argument

You said you need a speed advantage to counter, I said you didn't with an example, now you're backpeddling
Which punches was Holyfield countering?
Quote:
Good one
Which punches of Jones was Griffin countering?

Quote:
You class that as counter punching
Quote:
What's your martial arts background? Not a wind up, I'm interested, I used to do a little bit of martial arts years ago,
Like I said before its irrelevant.
Quote:
You think Toney was faster than Benn??
Of course he was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9qaqiU_11o
Quote:
How is that relevant? Toney is not similar to Collins or Calzaghe at all
Does he have to be?
Look at Eubank's footwork in those fights. Look how he is out of position and squared up, so he gets dropped by a right hook from a light hitting opponent.
Another example would be that "kung fu kick" he did during Benn II
Quote:
Toney carried excess fat as a SMW, at LHW he didn't have to cut that extra 7 pounds
During which fights?
Quote:
Collins pushed Mccallum and gave him a hard fight.
How?
Quote:
zzz.... I never said Collins won, I said it was a close fight, which it was. You know it was a close fight, so why be disingenuous?
Johnson won by at least 2 points. It was competitive at parts, but Johnson was the much better fighter.
Quote:
Griffin's prime was at LHW, Eubank's between MW-SMW. If they were the same size, I'd say it's a close fight.
What are you talking about? Eubank could of easily moved up to lhw.
Quote:
Like the judges? Perhaps the commentators who scored it to Thadzi, or several fans on boxing boards who also scored it to Thadzi. Google it and look around, don't get upset and defensive and accuse everyone of being a Toney hater
The judges and the commentators also scored Pac-Jmm III for Pacquaio do you agree with that?

Why don't you post up your scorecard or are you just going from what others are saying?
Quote:
My bad, tell me more about the great Dave Tiberi please
I never said he was great.
I just pointed out that he was not a club fighter. He was a ordinary FULL TIME fighter who had worked his way up to the top of the ibf rankings to get a title shot.

Schommer on the other side had, had only 2 fights in the previous three years before fighting Eubank an worked full time in a office job.

Quote:
Are you blind? Toney called Eubank out when they were at SMW - watch the video in the OP. IF they were to fight, it would have been at SMW.
Your post
Quote:
By the way, this fight would be at SMW - not MW where Toney was at his best
Is this not your post?
Quote:
Triangle theory?
How on earth was I using triangle theory? Toney toyed with the sort of fighters who Eubank struggled with. Malinga? Schommer? Close? Thornton? Collins? Who on earth did Collins beat outside of Eubank?
general zod is offline  Top