View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: What did boxing look like when you first got into it? (nostalgia thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
My true fascination for this sport began with Oscar De La Hoya stopping the rot on Julio Cesar Chavez, i was most content as a boxing fan from 2000-2006, De La Hoya, Mosley, Vargas, Forrest, Trinidad, Wright to name a few captured my imagination more than anyone has today

Then along came Ricky Hatton!, who rekindled that love, fighters i have become very fond of along the way are (aside from the above mentioned) Barrera, Marquez, Cotto, Jose Luis Castillo, Sergio Martinez

Modern day there's not that much that really makes my hairs on the back of my neck stand up on end, Gamboa, Santa Cruz, Donaire, Martinez is about all that im getting very excited over right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
My first boxing memory is Bruno Tyson 1. But it was the Benn/Eubank/Naz fights that got me into the sport.
interesting thewinfella, my addiction for the sport wained for a while when i first discovered girls and alcohol i didn't follow it all as much. i trully rekindled my loved for the sport when i started being more involved in the practical side of the sport again. i'd always been more of an internet fan who could never dedicate myself in the gym for more than 3-4 months but after everything in my life went to shit and everybody turned against me i decided to get in the gym n get ready to fight since i'd always wanted to box, i'm currently a 4-1 amateur with a chance to avenge my only amateur loss next week and on here all the time now loving the sport again.

big left, my first memories were of watching lews vs. tyson/ lewis vs. klitschko on tv but i was more of a wwf kid back then.

it's crazy to think how kids first getting addicted to it now will see it with manny steward gone n all these greats leaving, with mma trying to compete will they even choose this sport.

thanks for sharing guys
iceferg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links