Saturday 8th December@ Bonus Arena, Hull. 8x3min
Morote is the former Spanish featherweight champion & the current WBC Latino title holder. http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...3276&cat=boxer
Tale of the tape
Age .....22.............. 32
Height ..5' 6.5"...... 5' 5.5"
Record .12(5)-0 ..... 15(7)-2(1)
Ivan Ruiz Morote.
- Size advantage. Though an inch shorter than Galahad Morote has fought most of his career at featherweight where he looks solid & physically strong.
- Punches in bunches. Ivan puts together 3-4 shots salvos quite well, mixing up straight rights & uppercuts with his money shot, the left hook.
- Front foot fighter. Ivan is more comfortable coming forward & letting his hands go from mid range, a naturally aggressive boxer-puncher.
- Open to counters. His hands often drop during exchanges when he plants his feet & stands upright without much defensive awareness. He doesnt appear to have much rythmic variety & can be timed.
- Lack of general speed. His punches dont have lot of snap & Morote is a little flat footed.
- Questionable durability. In his only previous fight at 122lbs (for the EBU-EU title) he was stopped by a relatively light puncher. In other fights he appears to be fairly easily discouraged.
All in all a good opponent for Galahad at this stage in his career & I think Galahad wins on points. I think he will be too quick & elusive for Morote, who is primarily a headhunter & will have problems trying to land leather on the unorthodox Galahad.