Old 12-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #49
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276
Default Re: Offical: Kell Brook vs Devon Alexander, Jan. 19th, Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Alexander is faster, is more experienced, and the overall better fighter at this stage. Alexander has consistantly taken the best possible opponent and Brook will show him nothing he hasn't seen before, while on the flip Brook has never been in with someone with the athletic gifts of Alexander.

Alexander isn't that much quicker. Quicker hands probably, yes, and Brook could struggle with that along with Alexander's rugged style. Luckily for him, Alexander doesn't hit that hard. Brook's got a good jab and straight right, and throws nice combinations, but he's easy to hit and I'm a bit skeptical about how much his stamina has improved since the Jones fight. I Could see him fade down the stretch, especially if he tries to match Alexander's workrate, which he will have to if he's serious about winning, as I don't see him having the power to knock Alexander out. He seems a little one dimensional to me, and I don't see him being able to change to another gameplan if what he's doing initially isn't effective.

I think Alexander will outwork and out-think Brook to a decision win.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top