View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #21
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84
Default Re: George Groves / James DeGale... Who will have done more?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Agree with this, both have taken on tough fights considering how early on they are in their respective careers. I think both will make it to world level within the next three years, I agree with those who say DeGale should consider a new trainer, could Enzo Calzaghe be a good fit for him?
DeGale has fantastic talent, great hand speed and movement. Enzo would possibly be a good choice if he did change trainers, he would have DeGale throwing more combinations and would likely improve his fitness.
One of the things with DeGale lately, is that he likes to take breaks by leaning on the ropes, but this looks to me where he seems to have been getting caught. It looks like a bad habit that could be tough to break.
Hopefully this will be resolved

Quote:
Look forward to Groves-Johnson, I can see that being a real barnburner, if Glen has anything left in the tank, Groves is in for a war, and we'll find out if he's future world champion material (which I think he is)
I think both Groves and DeGale show massive promise. When they fought, we got the best result with a close fight, however it went, because if one had of blown the other out we would only have had one top prospect. Now we still have two.
The only worry I have for Groves is that im not sure his chin is the best, but his power looks good and his foot movement seems very good
bailey is offline  Top