View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Cotto vs Trout was high altitude training a factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky42791 View Post
Pedro Diaz had mentioned that Cotto trained at high altitude for this fight. Cotto had never done high altitude training before do you think this could play a factor on how cotto performed? He looked lethargic the whole fight IMO high altitude training prevents you from training your hardest because of the thin air. You'd have to stop more frequently to breath, you couldnt necessarily reach your thresh hold unless you had a training camp for the training camp. I'm not trying to take anything away from trout but Cotto just didnt seem to be himself that night and I simply dont buy the rumor that he is completely shot. Especially after his performance against Mayweather. I apologize if this was brought up in earlier forms

Ricky
no.. I said before the fight if Trout can last into the later rounds and be hitting Cotto consistently then he will take over and win the fight maybe by late round knockout. The fact Cotto was training high altitude had more to do with him probably trying to fix his problem of tiring late in fights.
MAG1965 is offline  Top