View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1208
Default Is it fair to say Tyson Fury put up a better performance against Johnson than

Than Klitschko vs Haye?

As we all know both Kevin Johnson and David Haye are almost identical fighters in style and both were coming off stunning KO's over tough high end journeymen Leapai and Chisora. So these two fights below are very good examples to compare the young upstart Fury's progress in his field than to be matched with the similar accomplishments of the heavyweight kingpin Wladimir Klitschko.

Both Johnson and Haye put up brave efforts in their shutout defeats by using their trademark ultra defensive slick styles but just who did better against them, Fury or Wladimir?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...72_634x423.jpg

The 24-year-old Tyson Fury won the WBC world heavyweight title eliminator by a unanimous points decision, stretching his unbeaten record to 20 fights.
The first five rounds were largely uninspiring, although Fury was rarely troubled by his durable 33-year-old opponent, whose 2009 defeat to Klitschko was one of only two defeats prior to this bout.

Fury looked more convincing in the sixth round but he had a point docked in the seventh and was not making a notable impact on a slow-paced bout.
He made more of an impression with a combination in the eighth which saw the Wythenshawe-born fighter raise both arms aloft.
Although he was rarely troubled in tonight's contest, Fury's cautious approach was in stark contrast to several of his previous bouts.

Afterwards, Fury revealed the tactics were planned as he said: 'Credit Kevin Johnson, he's a slippery, slippery guy and I never went in to knock him out.
'He's not a guy to go and smash up. He's a world class fighter. I boxed to a game plan and vowed not to let my heart get the better of me.'

http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming...-913286317.jpg

David Haye fell short in his attempt to unify the heavyweight division as he was beaten on points by Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg.
In front of 45,000 fans, including an estimated 10,000 fellow Brits, Haye was outboxed and outmuscled by his rival for 12 rounds.
Haye had promised a new game-plan for the fight but was unable to bypass his Ukrainian rival's ramrod jab to get off shots of his own.
The three judges scored the fight 117-109, 118-108 and 116-110, all in Klitschko's favour.
The nature of the fight and the outcome was particularly disappointing given Haye's confident demeanour and various pronouncements beforehand, although he claimed afterwards he had broken a toe in his right foot
Manning is offline  Top
Sponsored Links