View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Tony Tucker on Tyson.

"My right hand was broken when I fought him I knew Tyson couldn’t beat me. A couple days before I was sparring against a guy named Young Joe Louis. This guy was doing a lot of talking bad about me. I heard this from my sparring partners. So I chose him to spar against first because I was gonna put him down. I was hitting him real good when I heard a pop in my hand When I went back to the corner I knew I had hurt it bad. The doctor said I had a small hand fracture. They said I would need therapy and to not use it for ten days. I had to fight Tyson in less than that. I went in determined though. I was very apprehensive to attack Tyson due to the hand. I hit him with a right uppercut early and my hand just shattered. It was the worst pain ever. I still went on though, that’s why I did all those antics and everything. I was supposed to beat this guy, but how could I with one hand. With two hands I would have knocked Mike Tyson out. I regret that I fought Tyson not fully healthy. If I would have postponed the fight, I may have been blackballed. I wouldn’t sign with Don King back then and he was running things. So looking back now, I just wish I was healthy." - Tony Tucker in a 2008 interview with BoxingInsider.com.

Considering Tyson didn't start dominating Tony until Tony broke his hand in the 4th, things could have gone differently for Mikey.
dyna is offline  Top
Sponsored Links