mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
He's also not done.

I'd agree that Lewis is simply greater. But Wlad isn't done yet, and he's earned respect as a dominant champion.

It's a shame that Manny Steward didn't get to see his phoenix finish the journey, though. He helped Oliver McCall wreck Lewis' whole future at the top, then he built the man back up into a truly great, stud heavyweight king.

He did it again, with Wlad Klitschko. We can compare Lewis and Wlad until the rooster crows, but the facts show they are mirror image in career terms. Olympic gold medalists who stumbled on the cusp of greatness, and were brought to their potential with perhaps the greatest trainer of his era.

It's a credit to Manny Steward. They are, aside from Hearns, his two greatest tricks as a trainer, and if you look at his past interviews before he died, he heaped respect on both of their abilities.

I think he'd know best, beyond any of us. He knew how badass those two are. I think it'd be a great fight, Lewis would come ready to murder somebody, and Wlad would come in the best shape of his life.
I'd give the Razor Ruddock that Lewis kod, a very live shot against Wlad. Wach landed ONE decent shot and Wlad was disorientated, I don't think chins get better, techniques to stop them getting reached may, but if their vulnerable once ,they are vulnerable always, as Khan has proved. Lewis is a clear level above Wlad ,imo.
A motivated MCall may very well have taken Wlad out too, he had the chin to take his punches, and a big enough right to stop him.
I like Price against Wlad in about a year.
mcvey is online now  Top