View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #62
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894
Default Re: Pavlik hasn't done much at SMW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Hes won all his fights at 168 and quite easily. Ive seen nothing to make me think hes "shot".

Mayweather hadnt done anything at 135 when he went up and fought Castillo, but Im sure people thought that it was still a good fight to make.

When Broner went up and fought DeMarco, how many people were saying "Broner has done nothing at LW, this fight shouldnt happen!"
I can't say if Pavlik is shot. I don't think beating an alcoholic makes him shot. However, there was that fight against club fighter Alfonso Lopez. Some fans of his on here will blame it on a bad camp....but he looked terrible against a guy who subsequently lost every round to Dyah Davis and then to another 3-5 record club fighter. He should have been able to mow him down with a terrible camp. That's a red flag.

I personally think if Pavlik of 2007 fought Rosinsky he would have mowed him down. Some fans of his will point to adjustments in tactics.

Both could possibly be true. All I'm pointing out is that people aren't just saying it because "Pavlik's an alcoholic'.

And, if the fight is a wipeout, I'm somewhat predicting some of his own fans will ponder on this board whether he is shot or not. It's happened before (after Martinez).
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top