Thread: pac marquez 4
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75
Default Re: pac marquez 4

Fair bit of feelng against Pac. I think he'd probably have a bit more respect if marquez had been given the nod in one or two of those fights.

If Pac has slid as far as we suspect i will be saddened as it's the end of a phenomenal career. The excitement he generated over the last decade, from his US debut against Ledwaba where on two weeks notice he derailed a potential superstar over 6 brutal rounds, his bashing of my hero Barrerra, the incredible first fight with Marquez which i thought JMM won after a mindblowing first round, his move up in weight where his opponents were accused of taking mismatches, brutalising Hatton, DLH and Margarito in a style that they were unaccustomed to. Having Mosley and Cotto refusing to engage lest they suffer similar fates.

In hindsight, internet geniuses accuse him of picking his time but they forget how many of those fights he was the underdog in.

Manny Pacquiao was simply amazing and was the best thing to happen to boxing in the last 10 years for me. If he's done I applaud his career and now move my attention to a certain Mexican ranga.

On Sunday I'll be happy whoever wins but I'll be a little sad if it turns into a farewell for either.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links