View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #10
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: What would a Marquez W do to his legacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
Let's just say Marquez pulls of the upset this time around, would that put him ahead of JCC sr. as far as being a national hero of Mexico?

I hope the hell he gets ko'd this time myself, but part of me wants to see him get his props that his skills desrve.

Even though I favor Pacman, I always root for a good fight 1st and accept the winner as long as it's legit ie; not Bardley. I think these 2 are gonna give us the best showdown yet.
He never was as good as JCC Sr. or as dominant. JCChavez had a special quality to him all the time and got better as a lightweight and did try and fight everyone. As for JMM, he is fighting Pacman for the 4th time when Manny is wearing out, so if he wins it is obvious that the difference is Manny and not JMM, who is getting older himself. Fact is Manny has had tougher fights against better opposition than JMM by far. And JMM losing to Mayweather easily still means something. I still think Manny finds a way to win on Sat. just because he is so much greater than JMM. Even if JMM has the right style for him, he still will not beat him. I think Manny uses his jab and outboxes JMM.
MAG1965 is offline  Top