Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #33
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1231
Default Re: Bute keen to trigger a re-match clause

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pBute View Post
I think HBO is trying to get somebody for Ward later this year. Unless ward plans to move up they got to start showing 168 fights. Being this fights on HBO if I was Bute I would not be complaining to much about taking this fight with rodriguez, ***** some, but don't get to upset. I don't think HBO wants anything less then you an either ward or froch at the end of the year. Better it to be Ward, cause win or lose you still will get a payday fight with froch (re-match clause), an with a win, which I believe happens you got some bragging rights.

If the HBO fight happens I think it is better for bute
I agree fully with this.

HBO seems to be pushing this Rodrguez fight for a good reason. Could be that Ward simply isn't a big enough draw and Bute, is a huge draw, so find a way to get him in the ring with Ward.
They must feel confident enough that Ward will starch Bute and really jack up his marketability.
But fightfans in the know, know that Bute is ALL WRONG FOR WARD.

This could essentially set up a Bute v Froch 2 in Montreal for the undisputed title after Bute beats Rodriguez, KOs Ward, and defends once against a Dirrel.

Meanwhile, Froch can take his mandatory Stevens, his Kessler rematch in Knottingham, get his revenge, then take the WBO title from Abe.

And if a 36/37 y/o Froch, holding both the WBO and IBF goes to Montreal and beats Bute whose holding the WBA/WBC titles, and WINS........we could be talking GOAT here.

Resumewise anyway.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top