View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #41
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jeffries v Quarry

Quote:
mcvey says :What round did he knock down Armstrong in ?
You have to be the densest most bigoted person I ever encountered on the web. And you’re wrong more often than a broken clock. But no worries, I shall allow you and others reading information.

Jeffries floors Armstrong in the 10th, and would have finished him if for a broken thumb, and the ten round distance: “ In the tenth Jeffries put Bob flat on his back with a left hand swing on the head “

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...rmstrong&hl=en

So my statement that Jeffries ( whom you seem to question in term of punching power ) floored all of his opponents, save his comeback fight in 1910 stands. Only a puncher could do this. I bet you'll forget later...

Quote:
Everett was on his feet at the finish the referee intervened.

Everett was 21-3 when he meet Jeffries, and in his prime. His three losses were via points 2x, and DQ1. Jeffries floored him three times in three rounds, and it wasn’t a contest. Oh, by the way Everett and Jack Johnson fought a few years later in 1901. The result was a draw! So Jeffries blows out Everett in three rounds yet Johnson can only manage a draw in 20 rounds. A bit of a compare and contrast

Quote:
Jack Munroe ? Is this really the best you can do?
What opponents did Lewis, or Foreman KO cold? None. Do you question their power? You asked who Jeffries Ko'd cold, and I gave you two names ( Fitz and Corbett ). Munroe was out in round one for the count, and had to be dragged back to his corner.

Quote:
Jackson was an alcoholic, consumptive who was 37 years old, he had been retired for 3 years, .GET REAL . Fight stopped by Police.
Once again, Jackson could not rise. He was out, not on his feet. The police stoppage means nothing here, save to prevent a man from getting killed. As for Jackson, I could show you news reports that say he was 1 ) in shape, and 2 ) looking good in camp leading up to the fight. In fact, Jackson had a very good 1st round. He was sharp, but could not take Jeffries power in round two, and was floored twice, then left a tangled mess in the ropes in round three.

Keep positng, and remember your lies, agenda, or mistakes will not stand here...at least if I choose to read and reply your drivel.

END.

Last edited by Mendoza; 12-06-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Mendoza is offline  Top