ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche to headline UFC 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by haglerdude View Post
gay??
Carmouche is a lesbian.

Quote:
Top-ten ranked bantamweight WMMA fighter Liz Carmouche is one of the few athletes that is outspoken about being homo***ual. She is currently riding a two-fight winning streak under the Invicta banner, but is contracted with Strikeforce and is awaiting an opponent. The expected Jan. 12 Strikeforce event in Oklahoma City could be her next gig, and she fights in the weight class of the soon-to-be UFC women’s bantamweight division of which Ronda Rousey will be the inaugural champion. A former Marine that served three tours in Iraq, Carmouche sees the trend towards acceptance starting with our military.

“I think the first step was in the the military when they got rid of ‘don’t ask don’t tell’ policy,” Carmouche explained in an exclusive interview with The MMA Corner. “I know for a lot of people this made a big difference for them and their freedom overseas in the military and their service. And I think it’s also being reflected in sport. There’s a lot more people that are accepting of homo***uals and the big changes really start with the military. If the military can make that step, then it seems like the rest of the communities start to change with it.”
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top