View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #106
Ivan Drago
You Will Lose.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Floyd Mayweather Jr fought in the 80's, he'd be one of the FAB. It'd be the Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
When has Floyd 'danced and slipped' as a WW, or even JrMW? Floyd is NOT the slippery mover many think he is, and he certainly wouldn't be abled to slip and dance for 12 rounds with a strong, aggressive 160 and win rounds in the process. Hagler fought 15 rounders, he wouldn't 'slow' at all vs. Mayweather. Hagler either stops him, or wins a clear and wide decision. Look at Floyd's 2 fights at 154,m close win over DLH (part time fighter), and a close win over Cotto. Nothing Floyd has done suggests he can dance w/ Hagler.
The more I think about it the more I think I'm wrong, the size and strength of Hagler means that Floyds spoiling on the inside with elbows and holding would most likely be ineffectual against Hagler I do think that he would do well at slipping and catching Hagler on the way in but Hagler most likely walks him down and outworks him on his way to a UD I think Floyd would last though thanks to defensive skills but he'd perhaps only win 3 or 4 rounds in the process.

Beep. Beep. Beep. That's some serious backtracking I know but you make a solid point no point in arguing really I got that one badly wrong.
Ivan Drago is offline  Top
Sponsored Links