Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 102
Default Re: Pacquiao - Marquez 4 ****ysis/Possible Outcomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
You did'nt have to make your post so long.

Pacquiao allready tried your plan of boxing in fight 3 and failed miserably.

2 Scenarios which I could see Pacquiao succeeding with.

1. He lands a lucky shot and hurts Marquez badly!

or

2. Pacquiao runs ala DLH vs Trinidad and Leonard vs Hagler

Its not boxing though my friend. What DLH and Leonard did was not boxing. They literally went on their bicycle and ran for most of the fight.
Running and limiting the exchanges in rounds is Pacquiao's best bet to win the fight and not have the fans call it a robbery.

People have to learn to differentiate on whats boxing and whats running.
A boxer sidesteps like a matador but unleaches his own thunder.

A runner picks two or three spots in a round and limits his output to near single digits per round.

Pacquiao cannot outbox JMM, he has to run his way through the fight and win it on sheer legs speed, avoiding exchanges.
A 40 year old Marquez likely wont be able to catch a Pacquiao who's afraid to engage.

Listen Dangerousity! JMM is a counterpunching master, tell me he's afraid of exchanging?
Tell me he avoids the exchanges???
Come on in here and lie and tell me JMM does'nt bait and welcomes Pacquiao's aggressiveness and tears him up with combinations when Pacquao goes to JMM with them?????

The things I described JMM does to Pacquiao, Pacquiao could not implement vs Marquez because JMM counters the counters.
Marquez is so advanced at it Pacquiao would be lost.

Now if Pacquiao would to pick and chose to pot shot every with single punches every now and then, and run most of the time while keeping his punch output down to near single digits per round.
That scenario may be the only way Marquez does'nt consistently clock and rattle his brain.

Pac****s around here accuse Marquez of running vs Pacquiao when what he does is actuallly aggressively counter Pacquiao every time he walks in at him.
Funny that what Pac****s accuse Marquez of doing but does'nt, may be exactly what Pacquiao would need to do to nullify Marquez clocking and rattling his brain on a consistent basis and prevent a fourth schooling!

Are you telling us Dangerousity that Pacquiao should run from Marquez and ignore the boos of the crowd when they start doing that for lack of action?

Remember now, Pacquiao allready tried boxing and got outboxed, the next step is to try to run!

RUN PACROID RUN!

No he hasn't tried that same plan. What Pac did on the 3rd fight is try to fight smart aggressive, that means he was pressing the action but waiting too much. If you watch the fight, I mean actually watch the fight and not just watch JMM, you will see one guy is backing off, ie stepping backwards and another stepping forward, your homework is to figure out which one.

Pacquiao can box off the backfoot, you can call it running if you want but it does not need to be as extreme as ODLH-Tito. Pac simply needs to let JMM leads, when JMM is leading, his counterpunching wont be as sharp as he's not constantly alert backing up waiting for an assault and ready to react instantly, instead he is the one trying to launch an assault. Watch his fights where he is leading, he's less than spectacular and he usually got away with it because the guys he lead against was naturally levels below him.

Pac on the other hand wont need to worry as much about JMM's counterpunching, he is the one doing the counterpunching. The target will come to him as oppose to looking for it, and a target coming to you is much easier to hit than a target backing away from you.

JMM is a great counterpuncher but thats exactly what he is, a counterpuncher. Its not that he runs from exchanges, but in order for the exchanges to occur Pac would try to initiate it, either by closing the distance to which JMM responds with punches or Pac throws first to which JMM sees it coming cos he's waiting. JMM leading would throw off his counterpunching mentality and Pac would land easier.

Like I said, watch Chris John do it against JMM and tell me Pacquiao could not do that much better.
dangerousity is offline  Top