Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao - Marquez 4 ****ysis/Possible Outcomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousity View Post
I am not suggesting that he boxes tentatively like he did in the 3rd fight, I am suggesting that he forces JMM to be on his frontfoot by going on the backfoot. This changes the dynamics of the fight greatly and a lot of the things that JMM does that use to frustrate him will be nullified.

Example:
JMM backing off, is out of range so Pac lunges forward to close range and to try attack - JMM sees the threat, launches counterpunches and gets out of range again.

JMM backing off, circling away from Pac's left as Pac is in pursuit - It is much more difficult to "circle away" when youre the one moving forward, so as a result JMM moving forward will but him back in harms way of the straight left.

JMM backing off, Pac lunges forward and throws punches, JMM just takes another step back to get out of range and Pac misses by inches - If JMM was moving forward, it would be much harder for him to simply lean away from incoming punches, hence why come forward fighters bob and weave.
I see. Some good points. But you have to wonder whether Pac has got the ability to do that with such an experienced/skilled guy like JMM. With lesser counterpunchers, yes. But I'm not sure with this one.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links