Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #47
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105
Default Re: Pacquiao - Marquez 4 Analysis/Possible Outcomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
Box off the back foot? Forget that. Do what he does best, it's been winning so far.

Use hand speed, throw any and all type of leather at him, jab jab left straight, right hook counter, straight left leads.

I don't mean any disrespect to the Marquez fans and the boxing technicians but Marquez can not go punch for punch with Pacquiao, he will look for perfectly timed punches while Pacquiao throws more leather. Pacquiao will win on the cards and most of you will scream robbery, oh well.

Pacquiao is the betting favorite, and this aint no trap bet that odds makers like to pull from time to time. Most people are already riding with Marquez so making him the dog would be like serving stacks of bills on a platter, Pacquiao is the legit favorite and the odds reflect that.
To me Pac is 1-1-1, I can honestly say I scored those with 0 bias and tried to be as objective as possible. Even if Pac had won 3-0, IMO given Pac's performances against other opponents, HE SHOULD beat JMM easy.

This is a guy who destroyed MAB, MAB went tooth and nail with JMM. Floyd whitewashed JMM, Cotto gave Floyd a tough fight, Pac destroyed Cotto. Guys that JMM struggle with, MAB, Juan Diaz, Katsidis (not really but still a war) - Pac would destroy them.

What I'm saying is, Pac-JMM is very close because of the stylistic matchup. On paper Pac should beat him handily, but as is the case, JMM gives him the toughest fight out there and thats simply down to "styles makes fights". So yea I understand JMM is using his best style against Pac's best style, but what if the dynamics were to change and Pac uses a different style forcing JMM to use a different style. Now if "styles makes fights", and we got a different styles/gameplan, then maybe that style will work in Pac's favour, or JMM's.

Personally, I think if Pac got on his bike, he would get a CLEAR decision over JMM. It will be a boring fight but thats the price you pay for a clear victory sometimes. Then again, I could be wrong and judges just score it all for JMM for being the aggressor.
dangerousity is offline  Top