View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Your top 10 Eastern European HW'S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
Golota number 3 head to head? based on what? he lost every time he stepped up and got KOed in the first or quit many times. Even Grant beat him, the same Grant who got KOed by Mccline in 1.
While i do think your classification of him is an exaggeraton it did cause me to re-examine my placement of him and i realized an error in my analysis of him. When i think of Golota in a 'what if' scenario i typically combine his physical prime 95-99 with the mental stability he had in his later career (Byrd, Ruiz, Mollo) but the reality is the two never really coexisted at the same time, it's fantasy rather than his actual prime.

I suppose it would look something like this with Povetkin through to Zolkin all being win or lose fights for Golota. I actually think Zolkin may be more likely to win against Golota than Povetkin.

1. Vitali
2. Vova
3. Chagaev
4. Ibragimov
5. Povetkin
6. Golota
7. Lyakhovich
8. Zolkin
9. Maskaev
10. Valuev

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMCATCHER View Post
Good reply. Although i disagree with Golota being H2H #3.

Valuev would not make my top 10.
Who would you place instead, Adamek? I actually think Vyrchys would be a tough fight for most on that list although he didnt do enough as a pro to validate my opinion with proof. He did give Chagaev a good fight, granted they were stablemates and friends with neither giving their most bloodthirsty performance.
Vysotsky is offline  Top