Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #232
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
The idea is all I am hearing is how big Wlad is in comparison to Marciano. I am just pointing out that if you look at the all time greats, which Marciano certainly is, you don't see any of them losing to fighters that are much bigger. Add to this that Wlad was Koed brutally three times. He was Koed by Ross Purity for Gods sake! Not just KOED but the kind of KO where everyone watching laughs at how the loser stumbles all over himself all over the ring. In fact every time he was KOed it looked like he wanted to quit. This guy is beating Rocky Marciano? I think the real question is.....When Marciano stops him does he quit first or does his corner rush into the ring to save him from punishment?
Wow. You are adept both at comprehension of others' arguments and developing your own.

Yes, everyone is saying Wlad is big, therefore he wins. They are not saying he is giant (stronger, longer and heavier) AND hyper skilled or that he has had a period of dominance over the division longer than the Rock's actual career spanned, a career largely spent toiling on the local NE circuit (60% of fights in the SAME CITY!) fighting off ham and egger light heavies, finally catching the brass ring from a geriatric with a soft beard and defending against a motley crew of ancient lighheavies and a fat Englishman. No, no one is saying that...
Seamus is offline  Top