View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #186
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515
Default Re: Old school training routines seem to be the simplest and most effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
OMG, if that works for you, ok. About your books, sorry not my cup of tea. If you are a trainer I commend you for trying to educate yourself, if you are a fighter then you need to find another trainer. I dont know how it is with OFC, and their coaches, but any good boxing coach can teach you and prepare you for a fight. If you have to check the coaches library to make a decision, you are looking at a guy who learned through reading rather then through hands on experience. I would rather hear and see a coach train then I can make a decision.
Lets see what replies I get.
Why should i find another trainer?Cause i have one that doesnt have a big ****ing ego and lets me do my thing with my s&c?!LOL you are unbelievable.
I got tired of ****ing idiots i had for trainers when i was in a university,mixing apples and oranges and talking how weights are bad and how i should run till the day end and they couldnt demonstrate a ****ign squat properly.As brow bomber and jdsm said as well,we know what happens on a club level and its scary.
About the books,yea ofc,its easier to shit on something you cant understand or know than actually to READ something.I tried a lot of stuff in my life training wise,and i dont see any problem,i saw i tried it,what suited me best i kept.
Boxing trainers suck at basic s&c,it is what it is,if you ask him how to do a periodization for s&c for boxing which is a BASIC thing they wouldnt know what to say.Its no different than a soccer,football,basketball,or every damn sport on high level.Its not a disrespectfull thing to say.
Angelo Dundee and Cus damato never laced a glove on their hands btw and they we phenomenal boxing coaches and im pretty sure Hunter was never a boxer as well.But im not quite certain.So how can they teach boxing for example as they have never boxed but s&c trainers should have boxed if they are gonna do s&c for boxing?Se how this works?

Last edited by pecho26; 12-08-2012 at 09:10 AM.
pecho26 is offline  Top