Old 12-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
scartissue
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jeffries v Quarry

[quote=janitor;14352536]
Quote:

Of course if you will insist on the comparison, then you could hardly use Quarrys performence against Chuvalo to bolster your argument.
No, I absolutely could. I already made mention of the 'lost the count' debacle, remember? Or is this selective reading? Quarry got clipped on the temple and went down. He got up and then decided to take a knee. Zack Clayton tolls 10 and Quarry gets up screaming at him. The commentator interviews Jerry and asks him where did he lose the count and Jerry says "at nine". Jerry was always a bit of a head-case, like jack Sharkey before him. But now let's talk about the the 6 1/2 rounds before getting clipped on the temple. What happened? Jerry counte-punched Chuvalo into a swollen, bloody mess and there is no doubt that fight was going to be stopped. Look, dude, I just happen to be one of these people who do not believe what I am told. I trust my baby-blues and I have never been impressed in the footage I have seen of Jeffries. Some people form their own opinions and others believe what a writer said 100 years ago and take it sight unseen. I fall into the former.
scartissue is offline  Top
Sponsored Links