View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #26
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Could Gilbert Melendez make 145lbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I think you're right on most accounts there Win; but would like to think he might stay at 145 'til the end of the year, this could be a big fight. Still, would want Gil' to take on another top contender before so might not work out anyway what with his injuries.

That's right; I don't think he's good enough to walk into a title shot.

If Frankie does somehow beat Aldo, problem solved. 145 is wide open again and we have more time to play with.
If he beats Edgar in Jose Aldo fashion and decides the cut is too harsh and moves up, he'll probably be granted Henderson/Diaz and rightly so!

If Frankie beats him, and IMHO its not that big of an IF then like you say, wide open!

I do believe Gil Melendez is a FW and this is based purely on his body fat percentage come fight night, that said he walks around pretty big im told (170+ something like that?) so it could be a lengthy process withering down that frame, and he probably wont be at his best during his first outing at 45, or maybe he will and my suspicion is right, he's a class fighter, very skilled and strategically so smart and crafty, he's a world class fighter! it will be good to see him in what i believe is his true weight class against the best in the world

thewinfella is offline  Top