knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Discuss fighters Jones Jr ducked in his prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Hi pal!

I went out last night and forgot to record the De Gale fight. I'll have to try and watch it online.

I forgot about Kessler too.

I saw Marquez's knockout earlier, I wasn't expecting that. It was a great shot. I'm pleased for him, the only reason I wanted Manny to win was because I thought a comprehensive win for Marquez would kill any hope of a Floyd vs Manny fight.

I'm expecting Floyd to come out and say I easily beat the guy that's beat him etc. I hope I'm wrong though.

allthebestfights.com is decent for catching up on fights. Kessler looked sharp, but beating Brian Magee doesn't tell us much - I just hope we can get Froch-Kessler 2 before both guys call it a day

Marquez deserved an official victory to his name in the series, but what a way to get it! I was shocked when he scored the first KD, the KO was devastating. I hope Manny can recover, but I wonder about how dedicated he has been to boxing recently. It's no secret that he's had problems with gambling, partying and women until last year when he became a dedicated christian. On top of that, he has his political career, how focused has he been on boxing? Guys like Marquez are 100% dedicated all year round, not just in training camp.

Another point is that a sparring video of Marquez was released a month ago, with him dropping an opponent with the same shot he KO'd Manny, how could Roach and Manny not be weary of that punch? Especially the way Manny came in at that angle with his hands at his waist and his chin in the air.

Can Manny recover? I wouldn't be surprised to see them have a fifth fight, I thought Pacquiao was winning up to that point
knockout artist is offline  Top