Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #55
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thoughts on the Pacquiao/Marquaz fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I don't believe Canelo is faster than Cotto. I don't see it. He's bigger for certain, and I'd concede bigger one-punch brute force, for that one punch, the left hook. He hasn't proven anything else to me at all. I don't think he's more skilled, though more two-handed offense. Even though I think he's a good, promising young gun. Also, I said I thought Trout would be tougher than Canelo for Mayweather. I certainly didn't say he would beat and outbox Mayweather. I just think he'd be a harder fight. So, let's not argue that point.

I'm not sure about Lara either, but, again, I didn't say any of those guys would beat Mayweather, only that I figured them tougher (and more proven, I'll add) for Mayweather than Canelo. Canelo's a good, unproven, young fighter. That's it, until he steps it up and proves otherwise. Trout's been proven at a higher level, now, as has Cotto and Lara. Easily. And at 154. Still, I don't favour anyone up to 154 against Mayweather. I think some guys are close to even money, but I directly favour none. Even Martinez coming down to 154, though I have no expectation of that happening. Him, if still viable there, I'd consider a 51-49 type shot in favour of Mayweather. That's the best I give anyone 154 and below with him in current form.
Mayweather should be bullyable at 154, with his lack of power and strength.
I think Canelo's a more dynamic puncher than Cotto, who is a bit pondorous, so yes I think he's faster although not night and day. I think he has a better right hand. He might be better defensively, Cotto nearly always gets hit, Alvarez doesn't too often although it's goto be said he didn't look great stepping up against Mosley though

Guerrero with his Winkyesque southpaw high guard and jab is an interesting technical fight I think

From a business perspective Lara won't get the fight and Martinez will be seen as too high risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1583 View Post
Excellent fight.

Historical victory.

Ezz-Walcott4-like ending.

Marquez' place among mexican's all-time greats must be reconsidered.
What a controversial decision win for Walcott? Not sure I see it
PowerPuncher is offline  Top