View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #86
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: Barry McGuigan - I've had enough of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Of course Nelson was feared back then ever since his performance as a last mnute substitute against the great Sanchez (may his perfect soul rest in peace). Nelson has honoured Sanchez's career and legend by going on to have the career he did. McGuigan and his handlers were not confident at all. Micky Duff a great friend of McGuigan's manager Barney Eastwood was in Azumah Nelson's corner for the Sanchez fight and pretty sure he advised Barney that Barry be kept away from Nelson. Barney Eastwood was also ringside when Azumah defended his WBC title against that fine Irish boxer Pat Cowdell and what he saw made up his mind when Nelson knocked Pat Cowdell unconscious with a left uppercut I in the 1st round. Only those not in the know could conceive of McGuigan winning. A friend of mine having neve seen Nelson in 1985 though surely McGuigan would win until he saw a fight of Nelson and said that Barry's style was made to order for Nelson.
Why are you posting this to me? I was not telling you that Nelson was not as feared as he would become to be, I was telling you what the other lad was saying so you would stop addressing his posts as if he was saying McGuigan would have beaten Nelson.

You are arguing with points that nobody has made.
Strike is offline  Top