Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: The Diaz Brothers Belong in Pro Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
The truth is they don't want to take those boxing skills into a ring. They are better off using them to expose alot of fighters who aren't good enough at boxing/striking.
The first half of this post I think is possible, but I disagree with them being better off in MMA. Like I said, they aren't winning and defending UFC Gold, and striking is not everything in MMA.

The Game don't wait, and The Diaz Brothers won't have the set of skills to be the best. Nick still has a good chance at an undeserved title shot so he should take it. But, Nate is in a hard place. He is a bag of bones at the weigh ins and weakened at LW, and too small to be fighting at WW... If he wants to be a Champion in MMA he will need some strength and conditioning training and a deeper skillset.

Boxing is the best thing for them, and I believe Nate would have more success in the Sport than his brother. I would put money on him going undefeated in his first 10 pro fights or so, and after a couple of years he would be fighting on the undercard of PPVs, Showtime and HBO.... The Diaz Brothers would be called out by the Jeff Lacy' of the World; drawing mass amounts of publicity and $$$$.

There is money to be made in Boxing, and now is the time. No point in being a Contender for the rest of your youth, so they should either evolve their game or do their thing in a squared circle. Nate has got to do as much as say making the switch is on his mind and he will immediately be called out by former World Champions... I truly believe after about 2-3 years of being brought up in the Sport he will be ready to win these major Prizefights.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top