View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Burns seeks new opponent (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviddee1983 View Post
Is there seriously something wrong with you?? No one can guarantee if Ricky would beat Broner or not both are genuinely world class.. Someone for us Scots to hold on too?? Ricky is a great boxer and a nice guy aswell and your coming on making a cunt out of yourself.. If Broner beats Ricky he's the best in the world at that weight the same vice versa Ricky would be the best.

At this elite level it comes down to belief and if Billy and Ricky didn't believe he could win what would be the point in fighting anyone.. There is a mentality if they are Scottish or Welsh the aren't as good as the English.. Rubbish we are all made of flesh and bone.. Both are just men at the end of the day no one is invincible.. I hope Ricky beats Broner and believe that he has the attributes to do it.. Same as I want Cleverly,Fury,Price,Khan,Brook all to be the best in the world. I'd prefer someone British to be world champion and I hate England probably as much as it sounds like you hate Scotland
I dont hate Scotland, I dont hate anyone here. Im pointing out the facts, I said this before regarding the Scottish fanbase. They FINALLY have something to hold onto in sport again, there own Scottish fighter, hero, champion, whatever. Its about pride at the end of the day, its not like you lot can rely on your football teams.

But this is clouding peoples thoughts, and whether you like it or not, this group does exist, like it exists around Ricky Hatton or anybody else. This deluded fanboy culture who will stand by their fighter no matter what, no matter if its complete BS. The fighter can do and say no wrong, and when they get shocked/proved wrong, they try to move the goalposts.

Its no different from football supporters and supporting their team. Its tribal. Thats why I dont attach myself to a fighter or support them like some of you do. I try to remain neutral. But I dont know whether your reading this part or not, but I dont mind Ricky Burns, he seems like a top guy and a good boxer.

But I think the fanboys ignore that bit when I say it, and look at the rest to have some sort of go at, as usual.

What I dont like is the fanclub around the fighter, and the attitude of the trainer at times, towards some boxing fans.

No, I dont fit into that demographic stereotype, of a piss head that goes to fights looking to get into a scrap, like Billy would probably assume, "just another dickhead and troll" type of thing.

For one I dont drink, and for two I dont go to fights anymore, and for three, I'm not trolling, Im providing a clear, alternative, and different opinion to some of you, which sometimes may be different to the "norm"....that doesnt make anybody a troll.
craney91 is offline  Top