View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: GAMBOA did Great Last Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Bon Bon View Post
Much credit to you for standing up for Gamboa. I agree with everything you said ( except for the cursing! ) Let's keep it clean!

Everything said is right on the money but here's my final observation. I do believe that Gamboa wanted to last as many rounds as possible to get rid of the rust as he even said it after the fight. Yes I know that many fighters use that excuse when they can't stop their opponents but Gamboa's case is very different.

15 months without an actual fight is a long time. Training and sparring is not the same as an actual fight and it showed that Gamboa was taking his time in there hitting and playing defence. I believe that if he really wanted he could've stopped Farenas early but decided to hit and stop, practice his defence and get rid of the ring rust!

He should get into the ring as soon as possible now that he just went 12 full rounds and dominated a very tough and ranked contender. It's just too hard to tell by just one fight, let's just wait for his upcoming bouts to see exactly where he is at!

I dont think he wanted to last 12 rds but i think its good it lasted 12 rds.
Have gamboa knocked out Farenas in 2 rds his camp would be mislead in the areas he has to improve after the layoff. His stamina was still there after a lot of work, and that's good. He didnt crumble after the monster left hook in the 9 rd, and thats good too.He kept moving and boxing the whole fight. Gamboa is back, let the haters hate.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top